QUICK LOOK - CURRENT NEWS
* Meetings start at 6:30 pm
* We do need people to help out in our room at the Greensboro Symposium, if you can do this for a session or two please let me know. Nov 1, 2 & 3.
* All of the Sea Urchins we had for sale have been sold. We did make a few dollars but it was basically a break even sale.
* Alan Leland will be the November 19th demonstrator at the club.
* At the November meeting you can start bringing in your completed ornaments for Hospice. They will be setting up in the Mall and NE hospital before we join them in the mall on December 9th. They will need some completed ornaments before that date. A couple people dropped some off at the last meeting.
* The Saturday workshop with Avelino Samuel was a great success, Jerry and Avelino turned some extra bowls for people that didn’t have one and there was more than enough power carvers to go around and more. We had at least a dozen people show up.
* The Kingspor Extravaganza was a good time. Jerry demoed turning a hat on Friday and Saturday. Thanks to those able to man the Demonstration Booths. Thanks to Ed Pfau for turning on Saturday. It was a good place to pick up turning supplies, the venders had great deal on tools and accessories.
* The next Art Walk Friday, November 22, 2013. The event coincides with the reception for the Soft Focus and Shop Seagrove & Piedmont Pottery exhibitions at The Galleries.
* Our mission has been blessed with "GRASSROOTS" support . . . follow link
The Southern Piedmont Woodturners, Inc. is supported in part by a grant from
the Grassroots Arts Program of the North Carolina Arts Council, a state agency, and the
Cabarrus Arts Council.